…hotter than a pepper sprout,” goes the opening line of the Country classic ‘Jackson’. Add to that a stunning latex wedding dress creation and the whole congregation’s pulses will be shooting through the roof, especially Uncle Monty as he drools over his blancmange.
Luckily, for those of us obsessed enough to want to walk up the aisle in rubber, the options are plentiful these days. Many of the big name designers are producing stunning, elegant gowns which Great Aunt Nora would have trouble distinguishing from a silk or taffeta number, especially if she’s forgotten her spectacles…
For slinky silhouettes check out the following with their unique selling points:
• Westward Bound – Madame Fille Dress - V shaped sculpted detail
• Rubber55 – Elegant Mistress Dress - ruffled sleeves and keyhole front
• Breathless – Carmen Gown - off the shoulder sweetheart shaped neckline
• Libidex – Gemma Gown - extravagant train
• HMSlatex – Valentina Gown - strapless effect and 3 coloured flared bottom
• Marquis – Desiree Gown - underwired bra cups
For something a bit different:
• Westward Bound – Bordelle L’Amour Lace Rose Dress - stunning printed lace back panel
• Lacing Lilith – Tulip Dress – elegant, sculptural and strapless
• Lacing Lilith – Victorian Minidress - puffed sleeves
• HMSlatex – Space Dress – stylish and futuristic (my personal favourite!)
• Kaori`s Latex Dreams – Art Deco Long Dress - ruffled collar.
But…for those seeking the ULTIMATE statement dress, look no further than Ultimate Slut and Ectomorph. Ultimate Slut’s aptly titled Wedding Dress with its head turning, jaw dropping inflatable bustle will keep Auntie Flo and Uncle Reginald gossiping for years to come… Meanwhile, Ectomorph’s Wedding Ensemble is an extravaganza of a dress. It is comprised of two parts : a draped corseted top with two shoulder buckles that have a fine piece of latex draped through them; and a gathered skirt with a gathered flounce at the hem and detatchable back bustle. Its Gothic Lolita styling would make the bosom of Helena Bonham Carter swell with pride.